Who we are?
Our website address is: http://stoneapple.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect many different types of information, depending on how you use our Services:
- We collect the actual contents of the files uploaded by you to Stoneapple Productions Ltd account (“Customer Data”).
- Additionally, we collect “metadata” about your Customer Data that is distinct from the actual content itself (“Customer Metadata”). Customer Metadata includes file and folder names, creation and modification dates, permissions, and size information.
- Account Metadata includes general account settings, users and their associated data (passwords, access restrictions, etc.), group settings for users of our ftp portal.
- We also collect usage information customarily logged by web and FTP server software, including the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, the pages and images requested, and other similar types of information. We also get usage data from third parties such as Google Analytics, who may place tracking pixels our site. Collectively, we call this “Usage Data”.
- We collect information from those who communicate with us via e-mail or our website, and information volunteered by customers, such as the information you provide during account set-up and administration.
The safe keeping and correct usage of your personal data is important to us and will not be used, sold or passed on to a third party unless that said party is engaged with the project for which the information was supplied.
How information is used
- “Customer Data” is stored securely and may only be accessed by users who have been given the appropriate permissions to that Customer Data by someone with administrative permissions on the account. We will not access this data for any other purpose, except as provided below.
- “Account and Billing Data” is used for billing purposes and to notify you about important Services-related issues.
- If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would obtain your express permission before doing so.
If you upload images any files, word processing, data, images, video and sound files for use in a production we have been engaged by you or you have volunteered to send us files as part of a request by ourselves or by a third party or client. We will store these files for the sole use within the production or event for which they have been submitted. Files will be archived at the end of the project for use in the event of making later amendments to the work.
If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, the information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and for possible follow-up enquiries.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on these websites, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available from Google Analytics.
An opt-out cookie can be installed on your device. This will prevent the collection by Google Analytics for this website and for this browser in the future, as long as the cookie remains installed in your browser.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with anyone except when being used in the execution, production and delivery of a specific project for which we have been contracted by you or your company.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights to Information, Correction, Suspension, Cancellation and Opposition.
You have the right to receive information about your personal data stored by us at any time. Likewise, you have the right to correction, blocking or, apart from the prescribed data storage for business transactions, deletion of your personal data. Please contact our data protection officer. The contact details can be found below.
For a data lock to be taken into account at all times, these data must be stored in a lock file for control purposes. You can also request the deletion of the data, as long as there is no legal archiving obligation. As far as such an obligation exists, we lock your data on request.
You can make changes or revoke your consent by notifying us with effect for the future.
Where we send your data
Your data may be held on computer systems .
Our contact information
10 The High Street
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 226 6900
Registered on 7thApril 1998 in Cardiff
VAT identification number: GB 691 1293 31
The professional liability insurance has been concluded with:
Zurich Insurance plc
Scope of insurance cover:
Full Public Liability Worldwide
How we protect your data
- However, as is reasonably necessary to facilitate provision of the Services, employees and contractors of Stoneapple Productions Ltd may have access to your Customer and Account Metadata, Usage Data, Billing Data, and Correspondence Data, and may use that to communicate with you or improve the Services.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- Our ftp and email portals are maintained by third parties and secured with SSL, to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery. If SSL is enabled, you will see a lock icon in your browser.
- If you connect via FTP, you may choose to use FTP, FTP-SSL or SFTP. Only FTP-SSL and SFTP are secured, standard FTP is not.
Cookies: Use of the Services requires support for cookies, small pieces of data that are stored on your computer’s hard drive and transmitted back to the Services with each web page request. A cookie simply identifies your browser to the Services by assigning it a unique ID number, which enables us to associate your browser session with your account.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not use profiling or automated decision making systems or algorithms
European Union Privacy Notice
- Stoneapple Productions Ltd is committed to compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- If you are a resident of the European Union, then you have additional privacy rights which are guaranteed by the GDPR and other EU privacy legislation. If you are not a resident of the European Union, Stoneapple Productions Ltd still honours these rights for you even though they are not guaranteed by the GDPR.
- The responsibility for effecting those rights varies depending on your relationship to Stoneapple Productions Ltd:
- if you are a Stoneapple Productions Ltd customer, then Stoneapple Productions Ltd is a “data controller” for information about your account, such as your address, billing information, and other account metadata. For the data stored in your project files, Stoneapple Productions Ltd is a “data processor”, acting at your direction in processing the data.
- If you are not a Stoneapple Productions Ltd customer, but you believe that someone else has stored or processed your personal information using Stoneapple Productions Ltd, then Stoneapple Productions Ltd would be a “data processor” working for that third party. The party that provided your information to Stoneapple Productions Ltd would be the “data controller” for that data.
- If you have questions or concerns about personal information in data for which Stoneapple Productions Ltd is a data processor (i.e., most data that is provided by a user to Stoneapple Productions Ltd), we encourage you to communicate with the data controller for the data. If you make a EU/GDPR Subject Access Request to Stoneapple Productions Ltd regarding data where Stoneapple Productions Ltd is the data processor, we will refer any such request to the relevant data controller, who is the party primarily responsible for implementation of those rights.
- For information for which Stoneapple Productions Ltd is a data controller (e.g., address, billing information, and other account metadata), if you are an EU resident then you have the following rights with respect to that data:
- You have a right to know what data is being processed, why it is being processed, and how long it will be retained, as described above in “Information We Collect”, and “How Information Is Used”;
- You have a right to ask us to correct or delete data that you think is incorrect;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority on EU Data Protection (GDPR);
- You have a right to request a copy of the data, although Stoneapple Productions Ltd may charge you a reasonable fee for it;
- You have a right to request that we delete this data, although our obligation to completely delete the data may be limited by legal requirements. For example, HM Government VAT, accounting and taxation requirements. We will maintain a record that we deleted the data, including a record of your contact information, so that we can demonstrate that it was done at a later date;
- You have a right to request a copy of the data.
- Stoneapple Productions Ltd acknowledges that individuals have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them, in our function as a data controller. An EU individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his query to their Client Services manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Stoneapple Productions Ltd will respond within a reasonable timeframe, and in no event greater than thirty days. Please be aware that we may refer you to the data controller, for data where Stoneapple Productions Ltd is merely the processor.
- Stoneapple Productions Ltd’s ftp and mail servers are primarily located in the United States, although Stoneapple Productions Ltd reserve the right to use servers in other locations.
- Stoneapple Productions Ltd also uses technical support facilities located in non-EU countries outside of UK. Stoneapple Productions Ltd has entered into confidentiality agreements with all such providers. Your information is only transferred to the such countries when our third party supplier would access it in response to a technical support request from the data controller (i.e., a Stoneapple Productions Ltd account owner). Such transfers are governed by the standard contractual clauses, which you agree to as part of the terms of Services, and which we have entered into with our support agencies to ensure adequate safeguards for such transfers.
- Stoneapple Productions Ltd has applied reasonable technological measures in order to ensure the security of data stored by Stoneapple Productions Ltd. Because Stoneapple Productions Ltd does not know what data you provide to us until received, via the Services, it is your responsibility to ensure that those technological and operational measures are appropriate for the categories of data that you are uploading.
- Your use of the Services is governed by our Terms and Conditions, which will prevail in the event of a conflict with this document.
Questions to our Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions about data protection, please write us an e-mail or contact our data protection officer directly :